When was the last time you had an outdoor picnic? So long ago that you have a hard time remembering this wonderful experience? After months spent in lockdown, now is the perfect time to take your favourite blanket out from the closet, wipe off the dust on the picnic basket and call your friends. It’s picnic o’clock!
Nothing encourages us to spend time outdoors like trees in full bloom and warm days full of sunshine. Over the past months of social distancing, spending time with your loved ones over a shared meal feels like a fairytale. The basis for a successful picnic, of course, is good weather and a spacious basket that will hold all your treats, but make sure you think about everything to spend a perfect day outdoors.
When planning a picnic, it is worth searching for some hidden gems, but the truth is you can have fun on a countryside meadow, beach or in a city park. Our heart belongs, of course, in Edinburgh and its surroundings, so we can recommend our top five places:
- The top of Edinburgh’s extinct volcano – Arthur’s Seat will provide you with a unique view of the entire city.
- The Meadows – lush green grass, running dogs and the buzzing noise of people enjoying their time, what else? TIP: Recommended especially in early spring due to the blooming cherry trees.
- Princes Street Gardens in the heart of the city centre will let you rest with a beautiful view of Edinburgh’s Castle.
- Dunbar’s Close Garden – one of Edinburgh’s hidden treasures. We won’t say any more – find it and enjoy!
- Portobello Beach – just a few miles from Edinburgh city centre you can feel the holiday vibes by organizing your picnic on the sand with a sea view. There’s no better way to escape your everyday life and just chill.
There is no more essential element to a picnic than a picnic blanket – that’s where all the talking and laughter happen. The most important thing is that it should be soft, beautiful and large enough to gather all your friends. Our offer includes both polyester blankets and those made of natural materials: lambswool, recycled wool, cashmere and cashmere blend – just choose between our bestselling herringbone pattern, chequer beauties or traditional tartans.
FOOD & DRINK
Your favourite juice, sandwiches, fresh fruits or a light apple cider to celebrate a beautiful day – there is no wrong way to make a picnic menu. Just make it tasty, and take enough to make everyone pleasantly full. After all, a picnic is all about dining outside 😉
Forget your high heels when you are spending your day out on the grass! Picnic clothes must be comfortable and allow you to move freely. Bring a hat that will protect you from the sun and a lightweight scarf or stole for your shoulders to prevent sunburn. As the weather in the UK tends to be unpredictable, don’t forget to pack a cardigan or jumper for a chillier moment.
As you can see, there’s nothing to wait for! The sun, nature and good food will guarantee you great relaxation, so pack your bag and enjoy a day under the blue sky with friends and family!
Stay comfortable with our newest picnic accessories!